my_time = Time('2020-01-01 12:00:00 +08:00') # absolute time.
- constructible from different representations
- internal data does not contain the time zone
- equality: two times are equal if they denote the same point in time. Time zone does not play a role.
- comparison is also supported
my_cicil_time = CivilTime('2020-01-01 12:00:00 +08:00')
- Data representation of both point in time and time zone (e.g. as is common in Python's datetime)
- two CivilTimes compare equal if both the point in time and the time zones compare equal
my_date = CivilDate('2020-03-27')
- not opinionated about time zone: time zone not saved
- not equivalent to specifying an absolute time / interval: it is up to the interpretation of the consumer which points in time time / interval this corresponds to
- potentially useful for storing "sloppy" information like "date of birth" etc.